with the code » BLACK22 «
with the code » BLACK22 «
We believe in:
The Dry Aging Bible
Enter meat heaven with the new standard reference
on Dry Aging and SmartAging®
The Dry Aging Bible will make you a pro – and meat pros even more creative. On its more than 300 pages, you will learn everything about the refinement of meat, poultry, ham, sausage, cheese, and even fish from food to supreme delicacy in the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Fridge.
The 336 pages bound in fine linen will teach you everything you need to know about Dry Aging and refining. This book explains the history and present-day practice of Dry Aging down to the last detail, including scientific ones. With stunning photographs, it shows hundreds of examples of meat refining, the production of world-famous hams and salamis, the aging of cheese, and the refinement of fish. With detailed information and concrete recommendations. You can turn your Dry Aging successes into culinary highlights with numerous recipes from famous chefs.
For the first time worldwide, all the important aspects of this topic have been summarized in incredible detail. In the book The Dry Aging Bible you will find comprehensive information, concentrated refinement expertise, instructions, and surprising inspirations. The book guides you step by step through the entire Dry Aging process in theory and practice. From choosing the right meat or other food, to the perfect preparation of the raw product, the use of the appropriate tools, the selection of the right Dry Aging program, to the preparation of the refined product with delicious cooking recipes. A must-have for every Dry Aging friend: The entire world of delicacies, made@home.
The Dry Aging Bible by the numbers
Become a Dry Aging pro with the
Dry Aging Bible
A brief overview of the book’s contents
Dry Aging makes good meat better and transforms very good meat into a supreme delicacy. The quality of the raw material depends on breed, sex, husbandry, feed, and slaughter age and conditions. The Dry Aging Bible’s great buyer’s guide will direct you to the best raw meat for the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Fridge: Where can you get the ideal meat, which cuts are best, what questions should your butcher be able to answer?
Good to know
Processes & expertise
Whether you are a butcher, hunter, restaurateur, or enthusiastic hobbyist, the vagaries of natural Dry Aging are finally a thing of the past thanks to the DRY AGER®. The Dry Aging Bible answers all the important questions about Dry Aging in the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Cabinet: What exactly happens in the depths of the meat fibers during Dry Aging? Why do steaks, etc. become so much better in every respect during Dry Aging? What do I need to consider to get the best meat in the world?
From meat to delicacy
Dry Aging recipes
The DRY AGER® Dry Aging Fridge not only dry ages meat to perfection, it also enables every lover of high-quality ham, sausage, and even fish specialties to make their own delicacies. In the core chapter of The Dry Aging Bible, you will learn how to perfectly simulate any form of natural aging with the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Cabinet, supported by impressive photographs of dozens of beef, pork, and lamb cuts. Even whole poultry, fish, and some offal shine here in all their beauty. Each Dry Aging recipe features specific recommended actions, Dry Aging times, SmartAging® Dry Aging programs, and valuable insider tips.
Expert dry aging
DRY AGER® Practice
With the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Fridge, superb food products can finally be dry aged anywhere: Privately in your kitchen at home or right before your customers’ eyes at the butcher’s shop, meat department, and restaurant. The Dry Aging Bible shows how simple refinement can be in everyday life: With step-by-step directions, it shows you how simple it is today to refine beef, lamb, and pork, or even whole fish and to produce ham and salami, as well as to refine cheese. With SmartAging® and DXTasteReg® technology, Dry Aging 2.0 is a breeze: Program-controlled aging of meat, production of ham and sausage delicacies, refining fish and cheese, drying pasta, herbs, and fruit, and even meat that has already been pre-aged in a vacuum bag can be given a real Dry Aging flavor with a special program.
Dry aging made easy
Ever prepared a side of beef for Dry Aging and, after the aging period, expertly portioned it into manageable steaks with a bone saw and meat knife and then professionally vacuum sealed it? Ever made an original Italian pancetta from a large piece of pork belly? Cured and aged a perfect Hungarian salami on your own? Conjured up buttery, dry-aged gravlax from a side of salmon? It’s no problem at all with The Dry Aging Bible. Countless step-by-step photos explain the most important tricks in handling refined foods and operating the DRY AGER® Cabinet.
Dry Aging beef, pork, game, lamb, and poultry also opens new doors for the chef, whether they’re in their home kitchen or at the stove in a restaurant. Three top chefs from Germany developed 30 ingenious chef recipes for The Dry Aging Bible: Cattle stockman, chef of the heart, and meat pope Ludwig “Lucki” Maurer, Michelin-starred friend of classic French haute cuisine Harald Derfuss, and Berlin avant-garde chef Christoph Hauser show what’s possible with beef, pork, lamb, game, and even offal from the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Fridge. Illustrated with spectacular, appetizing food photos like you’ve never seen before. Thanks to the DRY AGER® spice blends, which are ideally adapted to the recipes from the Dry Aging Bible, countless ham and salami specialties from all over the world can now be made at home.
The Dry Aging Diploma
Anyone who has ever eaten a dry-aged steak knows what this perfect result of refinement tastes like. The Dry Aging Bible now proves: This impression even stands up to scientific scrutiny. With Dr. Michael Podvinec from Basel in Switzerland and Prof. Dr. Ulrike Weiler from the University of Hohenheim in southwestern Germany, two of the most renowned meat researchers in Europe have investigated Dry Aging. Their conclusion: From a scientific point of view as well, Dry Aging is by far the best method for refining meat to absolute perfection. Read about it in the science chapter of The Dry Aging Bible.
The 5 most important questions about Dry Aging
- What is the relationship between the book and the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Fridge?
- The DRY AGING BIBLE and the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Cabinets of the Premium S series complement each other perfectly. This is because all the aging recipes featured in the book include the correct SmartAging® dry-aging programs, which you can enter directly on the machine. That’s why, for example, you can easily choose a sausage recipe in the book, follow the steps, and conveniently age the raw sausage with the right aging program. The book contains all the information for every step of the way. The DRY AGING BIBLE will help you in every situation, from the selection of your starting product, to the preparation and production of the raw material, to the perfect aging and preparation. The book is the ultimate all-purpose weapon in the professional handling of your DRY AGER Premium S Dry Aging Fridge.
- Why is the book worthwhile for me as an amateur cook, meat lover, or aficionado?
- With the DRY AGING BIBLE, you can really expand your taste experience. Only aging beef in the DRY AGER® Dry Aging Cabinet is fantastic and the result is tremendous. But there is a nearly endless spectrum of other delicacies from the world of sausages, ham, cheese, and fish waiting for you. With this book, you’ll find all the information you need, presented simply and clearly with step-by-step instructions. This makes it easy for you to make your own culinary delights at home. With SmartAging® aging programs, you no longer have to worry about the right parameter settings. Because the aging programs run automatically and are perfectly adapted to the food. This way you can be sure to avoid aging losses due to the wrong parameters. After all, who wants to throw away an expensive piece of meat, fish, or ham because you set the wrong parameters.
- Why is the book worthwhile for me as a professional butcher or restaurateur?
- You can benefit from the book as a pro as well. Countless recipes for aging make it easy for you to expand your product portfolio and try out things that were previously too time-consuming. You’ll also be surprised at the Dry Aging possibilities that open up with B and C cuts, or previously unthinkable pieces. Push the start button with the DRY AGING BIBLE to enter a whole new dimension of value and fully implement “nose-to-tail” at your place of business, without compromise. The book provides you with all the information you need. From advice on initial quality, merchandise selection, step-by-step instructions, workshops, and valuable insider tips to the right SmartAging® aging program. This way you can be sure that the product you make is also marketable and produced in the best possible way for your customers. With the touch of a button, the aging program is set on the DRY AGER Premium S and everything runs automatically. With the background knowledge you will find in the book, you can wow and inspire your guests and customers with interesting facts about Dry Aging even more than before.
- Do I need the book for the new DRY AGER® Premium S model series?
- Of course not. You can also operate the DRY AGER® Premium S Dry Aging Fridge without the book. However, the book includes clearly presented information all about Dry Aging, SmartAging®, DXTasteReg® technology, and the ideal operation of your Dry Aging Cabinet. With the book you can make the most of the possibilities of your Dry Aging Fridge and benefit from countless inspirations and the useful tips and tricks it contains. The book is, so to speak, the perfect companion to your DRY AGER Dry Aging Fridge.
- Can I also use the book in combination with an older DRY AGER® Dry Aging Fridge model?
- All information, inspiration, step-by-step instructions, ingredient lists, etc. naturally also apply to the production of dry-aged foods in older DRY AGER® Dry Aging Cabinets. However, you cannot use the SmartAging® aging programs shown in the book, which are perfectly adapted to the aging recipes, because older DRY AGER® models do not have SmartAging® technology. Only DRY AGER® Premium S models open up a whole new dimension of Dry Aging at the touch of a button. Welcome to the future!