EVERYTHING* with code » BLACK23 «
Dry-Aged Beef Fillet with Rosemary mashed Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes is popular for young and old and can be easily adapted. Whether it is made completely classic or how we give it a Mediterranean flavor with rosemary is a matter of taste and can be varied according to the season.
Rosemary goes well with the good and mature beef fillet, of course, Rosemary is an excellent recipe for 4 people. The puree should be slightly thinner and milkier in consistency, because we do not use a vegetable garnish, but concentrate the aroma on the wonderfully tender meat and the puree with its elegant and slightly salty rosemary note.
Tip: If you like, you can also prepare the puree from sweet potatoes. It makes the dish slightly sweeter, but also fits well with Mediterranean herbs from the garden, best with meat. In addition, the sweet potato gives the plate a nice coloured contrast.
- Peel the potatoes raw for the mashed potatoes.
- Cut into pieces of approx. 1.5 x 1.5 cm in size.
- Cook in salted water with some caraway seeds until soft.
- About 15-20 minutes.
- Then drain off the water and crush the potatoes.
- Add milk, butter, grated nutmeg and rosemary.
- Mix the mashed potatoes with a hand blender until creamy.
- It should be thinner than too thick.
- Warm the mashed potatoes.
- Brush the fillet of beef with olive oil.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill the fillet of beef rarely or medium.
- Wrap in aluminium foil 5 minutes before finishing, leave to soak.
- Cut the fillet of beef finely.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the plates.
- Add the slices of beef fillet to the puree.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Enjoy as hot as possible.
- Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1/2 kg potatoes (floury)
- some butter
- some milk
- caraway seeds (whole)
- rosemary, dried and chopped
- Some olive oil
- 800 grams beef fillet Dry-Aged