Dry Aged Befehlet from Simmentaler Cattle with truffle sauce
Dry Aged beef from the pan with summer truffle sauce is a recipe from Italy. Delicious summer truffles are available also in our markets. Believe it or not, Dry Aged beef and truffles are a perfect match and complement each other in taste. The aged and matured fillet meat from Simmental tastes a bit more mature and can compete well with the aroma of the truffle.
Tip: serve with the perfect side dishes of potato wedges out of the oven, summer leeks or mashed potatoes.
Preparing Dry Aged Beeffilet
- Take out the fillet slicess out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before frying.
- They should be brought up to room temperature.
- Heat the pan and brush with some oil.
- Put the dry-aged fillet steak into the pan.
- Prepare them “medium”.
- For those not so experienced, a grill thermometer is a useful tool.
Preparing the truffle saurce
- Brown the shallot in butter.
- Reduce everything with port wine
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remount the sauce with the cold truffle butter cubes.
- Finally, refine with truffles.
- Add the sauce to the finished Dry Aged Beef fillet slices.
- Serve with side dishes and enjoy!
- For 8 People
- 4 big Dry Aged Beef fillet slices
- Some oil
- For the truffle
- 1 EL butter
- 1 Shallot very finely chopped
- 50 ml veal jus
- 50 ml port wine
- Salt, Pepper
- 2 Truffle butter ice cubes
- 10 Grams minced fresh truffles