EVERYTHING* with code » BLACK23 «
Dry Aged Lamb Chops with Lentil Salad and mashed Potatoes
Dry aged lamb chops are an exquisite treat. The unbelievably soft lamb meat has a unique aroma and flavour. The color and texture of the meat speak for the quality and freshness, which also reflects upon the many valuable ingredients such as B-vitamins, minerals and proteins.
The lamb unfolds its full aroma when it has been matured. It loses 20% of its fluids, which results in a unique tenderness of the meat. Ideal for grilling in the summer!
Preparation of the mashed potatoes:
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Now bring the potatoes to a boil in cold salt water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Warm the milk in a small pot and melt the butter inside.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher.
- Pour the milk into the puree and mix well until the texture is even.
- Spice the mashed potatoes with some salt and nutmeg to your taste.
Preparation of the lentil salad:
- Throw the lentils and the bay leaf into cold water and cook for 20-25 minutes (make sure not to overcook).
- In the meantime, chop the peeled carrots and celery into cubes.
- Cook both in hot sunflower oil for approx. 2 minutes (they must stay crisp).
- Drain the lentils.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Mix the lentils with the other vegetables.
- Spice the mixture with balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper and leave to cool.
Preparation of the lamb chops:
- Cut the lamb into slices.
- For 4 people = 2 slices per person.
- Fire up the grill.
- Brush some olive oil onto the lamb and place the meat on the grill.
- Grill the meat according to your preferences.
- Serve together with the lentil salad and the mashed potatoes.
- Cress and herb oil can be used to decorate.
For 4 people
- 1 rack of lamb, dry aged with 8 ribs.
- 400 g potatoes
- 150ml milk
- 50 g butter
- olive oil
- 200 g beluga lentils
- 1 carrot
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 celery stem
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf