Dry-Aged Roastbeef with Rucola Cashew Salad
Dry-Aged Roastbeef with rucula-cashew salad is a simple but tasty recipe, in which the Roastbeef is the best. We also do not use sauce and marinade for the salad, because the meat liquid is not to be despised and should mix with the aromatic rucola when cutting.
Dry-Aging makes the roast beef very delicate and very aromatic. By hanging on the bones, the meat taste develops over time and the meat fibers become very tender. We prepare the dry-aged beef as a whole and then cut individual rump steaks from it.
- For lettuce, wash the rucula.
- Brush something with the good olive oil.
- Fry cashew nuts in the pan.
- Peel the sweet onion, halve, cut into fine strips.
- For the Roastbeef:
- Roast beef at 240 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Until a crust forms.
- Stir for 10 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees without adding liquid.
- Core temperature, should be 55 degrees celcius.
- Remove the Roastbeef from the oven approximately 5 degrees before the core temperature is reached.
- Allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Season Roastbeef now with pepper and salt.
- Allow another 5 minutes to pull and cut.
- Serve with the salad: onion, cashew and enjoy.
For 4 people
- 1 kilogram of dry-aged roast beef
- Some olive oil
- 250 grams of rucula
- 50 grams of cashew nuts
- 1 large sweet white onion
- Pepper & sea salt